Sunday, July 26, 2009

The search for a livable home.

McKay and I went up to Logan after my final on Thursday (I got a B in the pre-med physics class his dad teaches- I never thought a B would look like such a good grade).  We looked at apartments to rent.  We thought it would be fun to live in one of the cute little houses there, but of the many that we looked at, all of them were rundown and not places we preferred to live.  We chose an apartment complex.  

There was a terrible wreck on the way up.  We were stuck in traffic on the freeway for maybe 45 minutes, and the wreck was just a pile of burnt rubble- I don't think any individual piece was larger than a hubcap.  The road had gouges in it.  McKay thinks a semi truck blew.

We got to stay with McKay's sister Kristal's family.  On the way home we stopped in Toquerville to have dinner with my parents and my sister Emily's family.

I just asked McKay what else I should write and he said "Life is beautiful and we're glad to be home even though we're moving in four days." 

We have been making Italian Ragu' sauce out of tomatoes his mom grew in their garden.    My parents grew some giant tomatoes.  

McKay has also been packing some things so we don't have to do it all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment