McKay and I hiked the highest peak on Antelope Island- Frary Peak. It was a 7 mile hike. Before we even got out of the car I could see huge spiderwebs on signs, and on the first few miles of the trail there were webs that were up to sparkling over every square yard as far as I could see. Some were across the trail, and a lot of the webs stretched 5 or 6 feet long.
Jared has been out of town so I tended Egan and Anja while Jen was at work one day. We took the dogs to a trail with a river along it that is basically a dog trail. Then we dropped old Cleo off at home and took Lucy to Liberty Park where we fed ducks bread that was so hard it was difficult to break, but Egan gnawed on it; we looked at big goldfish in a little pond; and we played on the nifty playground.
McKay has been busy canning salsa, pasta sauce, freezer jam, and even beans. Hey enjoys gardening and canning, and I enjoy eating the fruits of his labors:)
My friend Zoe and I did a free triathlon yesterday. We stacked our bikes into the back of her little car with rags and blankets, left at 5:50 a.m, and rescued Jamie from a drunk hunter who stopped when she stopped to set up a turnaround point. We made zero wrong turns the whole day, woot! We did a half mile swim, just under 12 mile road bike (I was on a mountain bike), and a 5k run. I haven't been swimming or biking much, but it was fun cross-training for my first half marathon, which is in 2 weeks! This was my second triathlon & first open-water one. Thankfully the water wasn't nearly as cold as I feared. I think I was the last one out of the water, and was really dizzy while stumbling over rocks and up a steep hill, but I passed a couple people on the bike and one on the run.
Sunday, August 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment